Fungal Skin Infections – Types, Symptoms & Prevention
Fungal skin infections are caused by microscopic fungus that proliferate due to ideal conditions . Fungal skin infections in humans occur on nails, skin and hair, as it sustains itself on protein keratin which is abundantly found in these areas. Some of the more common fungal infections are:
1) Candidacies or Yeast Infection - Caused by yeast (type of fungus) infecting the skin or mucous membrane, living in the body in dormant state. It is only when they get optimum conditions, do they multiply and get converted into Candidacies.
Symptoms: Includes fungal skin rash, pus filled patches, pimples and aggravated itch on the infected area.
2) Tinea Versicolor – Also known as Pityriasis versicolor, Dermatomycosis furfuracea and Tinea flava, is more common in adults’ and adolescents. A rather chronic fungal skin infection causes skin discoloring and occurrence of reddish and brown patches on the epidermis. Symptoms: Non itchy rashes on body with reddish tan colored patches.
3) Tinea Infections or Ringworm Infection - Misinterpreted for a worm, but is a fungal infection of the skin causing a reddish ring to form.
Causes for this fungal skin infection are malnourishment, poor hygiene and warm moist climate, and can be transmitted from an infected person. Symptoms: Itchy ring like scaly patches which later forms pus filled blisters. If it occurs on nail they get crumpled, discolored and thickened. If it is in scalp you can loose scalp hair and get bald patches.
4) Ringworm - Fungal Skin Infection is further categorized as:
- Body ringworm (Tinea Corporis) - Can occur anywhere on skin accompanied by ring like formation on affected area.
- Athlete's foot (Tinea Pedis or Foot Ringworm) – A fungal skin infection affecting feet. Athlete’s foot causes the skin to get whitened between the toes with itchy rashes.
- Nail ringworm (Tinea Unguium) - Occurs on nails and finger with itchy sensation.
- Scalp ringworm (Tinea Capitis) - A contagious fungal infections of the skin occurring in the hair, scalp and affects children aged between 2 -10.
- Jock itch (Tinea Cruris or Groin Ringworm) - Occurs in the groin region followed with intense itch and rash.
Preventing Fungal Skin Infection – The Defense Soap Way
A remarkable rersearch effort that includes clinical studies by Defense Soap has paved the way for preventing fungal infections of the skin–in better, stronger and more effectively fashion. The benefit of these natural ingredients in Defense Soap help you to prevent fungal skin infections without completely destroying your healthy bacteria.
- Tea Tree oil – known as the remedial medicine for toenail fungal skin infection.
- Eucalyptus oil – characterized as strong antifungal agent, thus helping in preventing fungal skin infections.
Summing Defense Soap’s fight against fungal skin infection, here are some quick to follow, hygiene practices for preventing fungal skin infections.
- Implement and adhere to good hygiene practice - wash hands before eating, exercise regularly, take nutritional diets, bath regularly etc.
- Foremost keep the skin dried and moisture free. Also avoid wearing tight clothes as sweat can cause fungal skin infection.
- Wear clean washed clothes. Dirt and sweat can lead to fungal skin infections.
- Clip nails, or if they are long keep them clean and wash hair regularly with a good shampoo.
- Avoid sharing personal items with anyone. Also avoid walking barefoot.
"Defense Soap very strong product, very strong. We use it in our room & it's in our showers everyday.
Defense Soap is proud to have the endorsement of Marcos Torregrosa as valued customer and friend.
For Mr. Torregrosa ‘s BIO click here
#1 UFC Lightweight Contender
Nothing destroys MRSA, Staph, Impetigo, Ringworm or Herpes better then Defense Soap.”
*Valid for domestic orders only, cannot be combined with discount codes, not available for carts that contain Mat Cleaner, Barrier Foam, Gallon Shower Gel, Foot Cleaning Stations or Super Shield Deodorizer.
Why Defense Soap's ingredients are superior to any other soap or antibacterial product.
• All natural antiviral, antibacterial & anti-fungal ingredients
• Superior Lather— quicker, thicker and more oxygenated
• Excellent Rinseability
• Clinical studies shown to be effective against MRSA, Impetigo, Staph, Ringworm & Herpes
The ingriedients in Defense Soap are known to be effective against MRSA, Staph, Impetigo, Ringworm & Herpes. The Marine Corps, US Army, The Navy, Dermatologists, MMA fighters and Wrestlers — from youth groups through world champions use our soap. Remember, the ingredients in Defense Soap and good hygiene practices can help in preventing fungal skin infection.
ORDER NOW!WITH COUPON CODE DEFFUNGAL12