Flu Prevention for Wrestlers and Combat Athletes is of great concern. While it seems the flu is minor in comparison to other more serious outbreaks it is no less dangerous.
Despite the relatively few deaths associated with the flu, it is still a dangerous type of virus. The flu virus is very contagious and can spread quickly. Symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills, and fatigue.
Fortunately, there are flu prevention precautions that prevent or treat the flu. At the moment though there is no cure available. Amateur wrestlers and combat athletes can do a lot to help prevent the spread of the germs that cause illnesses like influenza.
Here are a few precautions any combat athletes can quickly take to prevent being infected by swine flu.
1. Covering the nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Discard any tissue used for this purpose in the trash immediately.
2. Washing your hands often with soap and water.
3. Germs can spread quickly through the eyes, nose, or mouth so avoid touching these areas.
4. Trying to avoid close contact with anyone you suspect may be infected.
5. Stay away from practices and training facilities if you are sick.